speak now or forever hold your peace in pieces

7/9/11

“

Her eyes fixed on mine, then widened in recognition, in amazement.

“I need you to breathe for me.”

I laid a hand against her straining chest. Her skin was flushed and hot. Her heart was thrilling like a frightened bird. I laid my other hand along her face. I looked deeply into her eyes. They were like dark pools. I leaned close enough to kiss her. She smelled of selas flower, of green grass, of road dust. I felt her strain to breathe. I listened. I closed my eyes. I heard the whisper of a name.
I spoke it soft, but close enough to brush against her lips. I spoke it quiet, but near enough so that the sound of it went twining through her hair. I spoke it hard and firm and dark and sweet.

There was a rush of indrawn breath.

”
—The Wise Man’s Fear—Patrick Rothfuss

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario